Wednesday 22 November 2017

Bridge Over Troubled Water

I took this photo last November while canoeing on the Severn River. It had been a mild autumn, unlike this year. We have had snow and freezing temperatures for a over a week now, therefore no canoe trips until next year.

6x6 Acrylic on Masonite
I guess this painting is so-so. I overworked it in a few places. I need more practice with bright areas, especially sunlight.

I've been painting on these little 6x6 masonite panels because our local Peter Street Fine Arts has a Call To All Artists to submit small paintings for December. They gave me a couple of panels, but I made a bunch more just in case. Good thing I did. I'm not crazy about my 6x6 paintings. Hopefully I will come up with two nice pieces before the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment