Tuesday 21 November 2017

Follow The Yellow Brick Wall

I'll tell you a secret. I used yesterday's paint tray for today's painting. Oh yes, and I forgot the underpainting. I think this flu has affected my brain.

brick wall flowers window acrylic painting
6x6 Acrylic on Masonite

Luckily, I found a reference photo with similar colours as yesterday's. The wall is actually red brick. The actual painting doesn't look as yellow as this, though I did add yellow to burnt sienna in an attempt to match the colour of the bricks under the bright sun.

The search for the best red brick colour continues. This is very important, as many of the charming older buildings in our city are made of red brick and they will definitely be future painting subjects.

Valuable Lessons Learned Today:

  • If you intend to save your sheet of mixed paint until the next day, make sure there is enough moisture in the container to prevent the paints from thickening or hardening.
  • Don't forget your underpainting. Little bits of white will show through otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment